I might have started to do book reviews just early this year (2013) and might not be a professional at it, but I would like to share with you how I make a review of a book in the most detailed manner as possible. Enjoy…
1. Pick a book of your liking and begin to read it.
1.5. Read until very late… That’s a mandatory unspoken rule for a bookworm.
2. While you’re reading and are far from finishing it, try to think of witty things to add to your reviews, how much you’re liking it, you get the idea. You’ll forget those by the time you actually write the review, but you’ll feel like an expert while having those thoughts.
3. If you feel motivated, start your review a day after you finished reading the book, or maybe even a minute after. This is extremely rare, so leave it for next week because you need to think the book throughout to make a good review. (But in the inside you know you don’t think of it at all)
4. More Procrastination
5. Read other books, and don’t make reviews of any of them…
6. Start a new post (in the case of a blog) or a document and write three sentences every two or three hours. I suggest that you have various tabs opened with Facebook, Tumblr, Youtube, and the Big League, Netflix!
7. Make random posts of procrastinating or about doing something you’re not doing.
8. Write the review super fast, specially when you have a deadline in less than 12 hours!
9. Finish the review and celebrate that you still have a bazillion to still do!
So THAT’S the most effective way to make successful (-ish) reviews by yours truly. It’s a lot of hard work (yeah right…) but it’s fun in a weird way. It’s part of the experience of being irresponsible and responsible at the same time. I have a serious Procrastination problem, specially since I do other productive stuff just so that I don’t have to do another specific thing…
What do you do to procrastinate? When you review, does something similar happens? Let me know in the comments below! 😀 And now, to finish reviewing… lol
Latest posts by Jennifer Madero (see all)
- The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli [Review] - October 23, 2017
- Remember Me Always by Renee Collins: Blog Tour and Giveaway! - October 17, 2017
- Review: The Masked City by Genevieve Cogman - October 16, 2017
- Trace + Olivia Series by Micalea Smeltzer: Release Blitz! - September 22, 2017
- Blog Tour: The Dire King by William Ritter [Review+Giveaway!] - August 26, 2017