Genres: Comics & Graphic Novels, Humor, Non-Fiction
Published by Andrews McMeel Publishing on March 8th 2016
Amazon, Barnes & Noble
Are you a special snowflake?
Do you enjoy networking to advance your career?
Is adulthood an exciting new challenge for which you feel fully prepared?
Ugh. Please go away.
This book is for the rest of us. These comic document the wasting of entire beautiful weekends on the internet, the unbearable agony of holding hands on the street with a gorgeous guy, dreaming all day of getting home and back into pajamas, and wondering when, exactly, this adulthood thing begins. In other words, the horrors and awkwardnesses of young modern life.
This book takes the cake for being THE MOST relatable book about adulthood ever. I’m a 20 something adult who still refers to herself as a teen and honestly doesn’t have her life 100% figured out. Sarah Andersen encapsulates those feeling into quirky and fun comic strips that you just can’t help but enjoy.
I’ve been a long-time fan of Sarah’s Scribbles on Facebook, so I was absolutely overjoyed when I found out she was going to be publishing them in a book!
The book is truly wonderful, as it compiles all her comic strips and has never before seen ones. These comics are all ‘laugh out loud’ kind of funny, in a “OMG THAT’S SO TRUE” kind of way. Every comic has a bit of truth in them, which instantly makes them so relatable along with the traditional humor that made me love these in the first place.
My only qualm with the book is that it’s too short, so here’s to hoping that there’ll be a part two soon!
Latest posts by Marianne @ Boricuan Bookworms (see all)
- Permanent Ink by Avon Gale and Piper Vaughn [Release Day] Review + Blitz! - August 7, 2017
- The Queen of Dauphine Street by Thea de Salle [Review]: What Are You Waiting for to Pick Up this Series? - August 4, 2017
- It’s August! Check Out the Reading Challenges We’re Joining! - August 2, 2017
- Blog Tour: Lucky in Love by Kasie West: What’s Luck Have to Do With It? + Giveaway! - July 21, 2017
- Meet the Characters of WANT by Cindy Pon! - July 19, 2017