Hi, everyone! It’s been a long time since we’ve had a discussion post here on the blog, so today I wanted to talk about something that’s been on my mind for a while.
I’M A BIG MOOD READER
I don’t care about what the dates of release of books are, I just pick them up if they seem to be what I’m in the mood for at the moment. This leads to me picking up books that have probably been released a year or two ago (maybe more). When I finish the book, and go to Goodreads to mark it as ‘read’, I see that possibly many of my Goodreads friends (all bloggers whose opinions I always keep in mind) have read and reviewed it. This leads me to my problem:
REVIEWING IS HARD WHEN IT SEEMS EVERYONE ELSE HAS ALREADY SAID WHAT YOU WANT TO SAY
It’s hard coming up with an original review that expresses what I want to say while not copying other’s reviews. And that is a big problem for me that gives me huge writer’s block. Which leaves me with another problem:
DO PEOPLE EVEN WANT TO READ REVIEWS OF OLD BOOKS?
This is the internal struggle I have all the damn time. It’s basically on of the main reasons I’ve been so behind on blogging, actually. I struggle with myself and have a nagging feeling that maybe no one really cares at all about this book that they’ve heard so much about already. I don’t mean to use this as an excuse or whine about other reviewers, not at all.
I WANT TO KNOW WHAT YOU THINK
How do you feel about backlist books? Do you read a lot of books that have been released for a while, or do you only try to stick to newly released books? How do you review a book you’ve read so many reviews of already?
LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS BELOW
Latest posts by Marianne @ Boricuan Bookworms (see all)
- “Who Do You Write For?” A Guest Post by Ashley Blake, Author of How to Make a Wish - April 28, 2017
- Waiting on Wednesday: THE BELLES by Dhonielle Clayton & THE NOVEMBER GIRL by Lydia Kang - April 19, 2017
- If I Was Your Girl by Meredith Russo [Review]: All Kinds of Adorable. Pick This Up! - April 13, 2017
- The Melody of You and Me and The Paths We Choose by M. Hollis [Reviews]: Perfect F/F Contemporary Novellas! - April 5, 2017
- Labyrinth Lost by Zoraida Córdova: Do You Like Halloweentown? Try This Book! - April 3, 2017