Hi, everyone! It’s been a long time since we’ve had a discussion post here on the blog, so today I wanted to talk about something that’s been on my mind for a while.
I’M A BIG MOOD READER
I don’t care about what the dates of release of books are, I just pick them up if they seem to be what I’m in the mood for at the moment. This leads to me picking up books that have probably been released a year or two ago (maybe more). When I finish the book, and go to Goodreads to mark it as ‘read’, I see that possibly many of my Goodreads friends (all bloggers whose opinions I always keep in mind) have read and reviewed it. This leads me to my problem:
REVIEWING IS HARD WHEN IT SEEMS EVERYONE ELSE HAS ALREADY SAID WHAT YOU WANT TO SAY
It’s hard coming up with an original review that expresses what I want to say while not copying other’s reviews. And that is a big problem for me that gives me huge writer’s block. Which leaves me with another problem:
DO PEOPLE EVEN WANT TO READ REVIEWS OF OLD BOOKS?
This is the internal struggle I have all the damn time. It’s basically on of the main reasons I’ve been so behind on blogging, actually. I struggle with myself and have a nagging feeling that maybe no one really cares at all about this book that they’ve heard so much about already. I don’t mean to use this as an excuse or whine about other reviewers, not at all.
I WANT TO KNOW WHAT YOU THINK
How do you feel about backlist books? Do you read a lot of books that have been released for a while, or do you only try to stick to newly released books? How do you review a book you’ve read so many reviews of already?
LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS BELOW
Latest posts by Marianne @ Boricuan Bookworms (see all)
- Acting on Impulse by Mia Sosa: Fun & Flirty Romantic Comedy - October 14, 2017
- There’s Someone Inside Your House by Stephanie Perkins: Promised a Spark but Delivered a Fizzle - September 15, 2017
- The First Rule of Punk by Celia C. Pérez [Review] – What Does It Mean to Be Yourself? + Meet Malú! - August 23, 2017
- Permanent Ink by Avon Gale and Piper Vaughn [Release Day] Review + Blitz! - August 7, 2017
- The Queen of Dauphine Street by Thea de Salle [Review]: What Are You Waiting for to Pick Up this Series? - August 4, 2017