The results are in: My young adult novel STRAIGHTJACKET has made the first cut in Walmart’s Get on the Shelf Contest! The grand prize is getting my book into Walmart stores and online at Walmart.com.
How did I accomplish this feat?!? I made a video and entered it. But it’s not just a video or even a book trailer. It’s a ridiculous infomercial! Think Snuggie commercial, but with a YA novel instead.
But in order to advance to the final round, I need votes. So I’m reaching out to the YA book community and asking for some lovin’.
You can watch the video and vote for me (up to once per day) through September 2 at the following link: https://getontheshelf.walmart.com/product/145b/Straightjacket-(the-YA-n
AND if you’re feeling like doling out double the lovin’, you can help me spread the word via Twitter, Facebook, etc. There are links on the left side of the page at the link above to make it easy.
Preemptive thanks for everyone’s support!!
About the Book:
Eighteen-year-old Anna has lived her whole life in shame, losing herself in books to cope with crippling panic attacks triggered by her abusive parents. Forced into a psychiatric hospital, she can’t imagine a future that’s anything but bleak—until she meets Caleb, a gifted, 19-year-old artist who insists he’s an angel.
He swears his mission is to help Anna break free from her parents’ control and fulfill a destiny that she can only dream of. The doctors, however, are convinced that Caleb is delusional.
Anna doesn’t want to be that girl who’s in love with the crazy guy, but when she sees his stunning portraits of her and the way he risks everything to keep her safe, she can’t help but imagine a new future for both of them, filled with hope. But just when it seems they’ve created heaven on earth, Caleb’s past emerges full force, threatening to destroy their tiny, blissful world. And Anna has to decide if she should follow her heart, or if Caleb’s really as troubled as his doctors say…
Latest posts by Jennifer Madero (see all)
- Ghostly Echoes by William Ritter [Review]: Spell-binding and Surprising with Every Turn - August 21, 2017
- Alex, Approximately by Jenn Bennett [Review]: A Cinematographic & Romantic Wonder - August 3, 2017
- I Believe in a Thing Called Love by Maurene Goo [Review] Perfect Adorable Summer Read! - July 14, 2017
- This Is How It Happened by Paula Stokes [Release Day Review] Insightful and Important! - July 11, 2017
- Under Rose-Tainted Skies by Louise Gornall [Review]: A Story With Heart - May 15, 2017