Genres: Classic, Manga
Series: Manga Classics
Published by Udon Entertainment on August 19th 2014
Amazon, Barnes & Noble , The Book Depository
Adapted for stage and screen, loved by millions, Victor Hugo's classic novel of love and tragedy set in 19th century France is reborn in this fantastic new manga edition!
Gorgeous and expressive art brigns to life the unforgettable stories of Jean Valjean, Inspector Javert, and the tragic Fantine in this epic adaptation ofLes Misérables!
I’ve been trying to read Les Misérables (the novel by Victor Hugo) for almost two years now. The size and complexity of the book is such that I can’t get past 10 pages without having to stop and do something else. I had to resort to watching the film 1000000 times.
That being said, I absolutely loved this book! It being an adaptation, I’m sure that there are some inaccuracies here and there, but I really don’t care. The book is short and sweet, it captures the essence of Les Misérables perfectly without making the story seem like it “drags on”.
The illustrations are beautiful. They each do a wonderful job at expressing emotion. So many times I had to stop and breathe because I was overcome with rage, or sadness, or joy with what was happening.
I think that if you don’t have the time (or dedication) to read the original Les Miserables novel, then you should really give this a try. I don’t recommend ignoring the book altogether (I’ll definitely read that book someday), but if you want to have a general idea, all while getting to see beautiful illustrations, then definitely pick this up.
Latest posts by Marianne @ Boricuan Bookworms (see all)
- Blog Tour: Lucky in Love by Kasie West: What’s Luck Have to Do With It? + Giveaway! - July 21, 2017
- Meet the Characters of WANT by Cindy Pon! - July 19, 2017
- The Library of Fates Blog Tour! A Guest Post by Aditi Khorana + Giveaway! - July 18, 2017
- The King of Bourbon Street by Thea de Salle: Erotic Romance Done Right - July 10, 2017
- LOVE, AND YOU by Gretchen Gomez & HUMMINGBIRD by Sophia Elaine Hanson: Poetry Books to Add to Your TBR! - May 17, 2017