Genres: Contemporary, Romance, Young Adult
Published by Penguin on 2014-05-29
Source: Own, Purchased
Amazon, Barnes & Noble
After spending one life-changing day in Paris with laid-back Dutch actor Willem De Ruiter, sheltered American good girl Allyson “Lulu” Healey discovered her new lover had disappeared without a trace. Just One Day followed Allyson’s quest to reunite with Willem; Just One Year chronicled the pair’s year apart from Willem’s perspective. Now, back together at last, this delectable e-novella reveals the couple’s final chapter.
Gayle Forman didn’t give us the book we wanted, she gave us the book we needed. (If you understand this reference we shall be friends forever).
This book is the story about what actually happened after Willem & Allyson finally meet again. We get to see them again and we get to get a glimpse into their lives again. They’re definitely very memorable characters and this book just basically made me love them even more.
It was so incredibly cute! I was smiling and fangirling throughout the whole novella. I think everyone who had read this series was always left wondering what actually happened, so to finally see it play out was a dream come true.
This was written in 3rd person, and even if I don’t agree much with that writing style, Gayle Forman hits the hammer in the head. She always has her trademark lyricism with her writing and it is definitely not lost here.
When Allyson smiles, Willem is reminded of a sunrise. A bit of light, then more of it, then a burst of brightness. A sunrise is something you can see all the time and still marvel at.
Love love love. A must read in the series.
Latest posts by Marianne @ Boricuan Bookworms (see all)
- Blog Tour: Lucky in Love by Kasie West: What’s Luck Have to Do With It? + Giveaway! - July 21, 2017
- Meet the Characters of WANT by Cindy Pon! - July 19, 2017
- The Library of Fates Blog Tour! A Guest Post by Aditi Khorana + Giveaway! - July 18, 2017
- The King of Bourbon Street by Thea de Salle: Erotic Romance Done Right - July 10, 2017
- LOVE, AND YOU by Gretchen Gomez & HUMMINGBIRD by Sophia Elaine Hanson: Poetry Books to Add to Your TBR! - May 17, 2017