Genres: Romance, Science Fiction, Young Adult
Series: Starbound #1.5
Published by Disney-Hyperion on 2014-09-25
Source: Own, Purchased
Amazon, Barnes & Noble
Don’t miss the breathtaking short story that connects the first two novels in the Starbound trilogy, These Broken Stars and This Shattered World.
Tarver still has nightmares about the night, six months before the Icarus crash, when he rescued a group of civilian researchers being held hostage by brutal mercenaries. Now Tarver and Lilac must reconcile his memories of that fateful night with the truth that they uncovered on a mysterious planet after the Icarus crashed.
Includes a bonus preview chapter from This Shattered World!
This Night So Dark was definitely what I needed to revisit the Starbound universe. In this novella, we get to see something that happened to Tarver 6 months ago told in the form of a conversation between him and Lilac.
Wonderful prose and fluid writing is not lost here, as the authors seamlessly interweave Tarver’s narration with what’s happening in the ‘present’ with him and Lilac.
It was very fun to see little snippets of his and Lilac’s new life, as I loved their relationship so much in These Broken Stars, and we got to see even more of Tarver’s personality here. We finally understand why he’s a soldier and why he’s such a hero. We understand more about Tarver’s motivations in These Broken Stars and we come to love him even more.
The best part of this novella? There’s a preview of This Shattered World. We get to read the first chapters of the book and that’s honestly all I needed to read to be hooked! Now I’m itching to read This Shattered World!
Wonderfully written and a great companion to the series, this is a book that you shouldn’t miss out on! Plus the best part? It’s free on Amazon!
Latest posts by Marianne @ Boricuan Bookworms (see all)
- Waiting on Wednesday: THE BELLES by Dhonielle Clayton & THE NOVEMBER GIRL by Lydia Kang - April 19, 2017
- If I Was Your Girl by Meredith Russo [Review]: All Kinds of Adorable. Pick This Up! - April 13, 2017
- The Melody of You and Me and The Paths We Choose by M. Hollis [Reviews]: Perfect F/F Contemporary Novellas! - April 5, 2017
- Labyrinth Lost by Zoraida Córdova: Do You Like Halloweentown? Try This Book! - April 3, 2017
- Meeting Author Zoraida Córdova: Event Recap and Interview! - March 31, 2017