It’s a New Year! Happy 2015 to everyone! For some, it’s been 2015 for a really long time, but for me (in the pacific timezone) it’s still January 1st. I wish all of you awesome followers a really awesome year because you are all so awesome 😉 To start off the year, I wanted to begin with a simple discussion.
I’m sure that pretty much EVERYONE has discussed this already, but now I want to talk about it here.
This is it, the discussion that sparks wars, that separates continents, that ruins friendships; yes my friends this is a very important discussion.
Deciding whether a paperback or a hardcover is better is like deciding which is your favorite child. Both parties have their pros and cons, of course, but there’s always that one party whose pros outweigh the cons.
Comparing Paperbacks to Hardcovers
** I do this, and about 6 people I know as well. Gotta put that dustjacket to good use! xD (hey, they don’t fall off the book in comparison to paperbacks and those cardboard bookmarks).
So, what’s my verdict then?
I think I definitely enjoy buying hardcovers more than paperbacks because I really enjoy the way hardbacks look on my shelves. I don’t take physical books with me anywhere (I have a Kindle with tons of ARCs that I need to get out of the way anyway) so the cons of having to carry heavy books around with me are assuaged. The price is my only con, and even that doesn’t matter because I only tend to buy books when they’re on sale.
So, what’s your preference? Paperbacks or Hardcover?
Latest posts by Marianne @ Boricuan Bookworms (see all)
- Acting on Impulse by Mia Sosa: Fun & Flirty Romantic Comedy - October 14, 2017
- There’s Someone Inside Your House by Stephanie Perkins: Promised a Spark but Delivered a Fizzle - September 15, 2017
- The First Rule of Punk by Celia C. Pérez [Review] – What Does It Mean to Be Yourself? + Meet Malú! - August 23, 2017
- Permanent Ink by Avon Gale and Piper Vaughn [Release Day] Review + Blitz! - August 7, 2017
- The Queen of Dauphine Street by Thea de Salle [Review]: What Are You Waiting for to Pick Up this Series? - August 4, 2017