Let’s talk Hamilton:
Okay, so, if you haven’t yet heard of Hamilton, get ready, cause I’m going to fangirl all over this post. Hamilton is a broadway show that has taken the world by storm. It’s about Alexander Hamilton, and at first, you’d think “uh… a play about a dead white guy?” but it’s so much more than that! The creator, Lin-Manuel Miranda (who is also Puerto Rican, I should add) cast his play with minorities. We’re seeing minorities in the freaking leading roles being completely amazing and revolutionizing broadway. Not to mention… the music? The music is freaking mind-blowing! It’s rap, and hip-hop, and a little bit R&B I’d say, and the way the story is exposed through this music is just incredible.
If after this small bit of insight into Hamilton you now want to fly to Broadway and watch it… WAIT. Because the show is completely sold out until next year… so like many of us Hamilton fangirls, you’ll have to survive on listening to the album on Spotify non-stop.
Melanie from It’s a Bookish Thing 13 tagged me for the Hamilton Book Tag! If there are two things I love the most, it’s Hamilton and Books! <3
Let’s Get Started! (Clicking on the Song Titles Will Lead You to Hear them on Youtube!)
- The Room Where it Happens: Book World You Would Put Yourself In
Now if I didn’t mention Harry Potter I’d be completely insane. I went to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Universal Studios two years ago for my birthday, and my mom can attest to the fact that I started crying as soon as we got to Hogsmeade. I’d love to chill in the Ravenclaw tower, or play some Quidditch, or even hang out in Honeydukes… *cries*
- The Schuyler Sisters: Underrated Female Character
This took me a lot of time to decide… I finally went with Lou Clark from Me Before You. I think Lou is such a great female character. She was so sassy and quirky and hilarious in the book. I can’t wait to read the sequel to read more about Lou! 😀 If you want to see Jennifer’s review of Me Before You, click here.
- My Shot: A character that goes after what they want and doesn’t let anything stop them
I’m going with Elizabeth Bennet from Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. She is soooooo badass in this book! (Although she’s also pretty awesome in Pride & Prejudice as well) She knows how to take care of herself and others, and is really headstrong and determined. I love her! Here’s my review of the PPZ movie!
- Stay Alive: A character you wish was still alive
I have two words: RED. WEDDING. *cries and sobs forever*
- Burn: The most heartbreaking end to a relationship you’ve ever read
Okay, so I was really stumped in this one because I can’t seem to recall any particular heartbreaking breakup (I mean… other than on TV). So I went with a heartbreaking relationship in general, because The Song of Achilles really made me cry more times than I care to admit, and that ending tore my chest open and made me cry happy and devastated tears at the same time.
- You’ll Be Back: Sassiest Villain
I immediately thought of Joe from You by Caroline Kepnes. That man is the definition of sassy. I love sassy characters, so imagine my moral conflict when I absolutely loved his character but wanted to strangle him at the same time! Here’s my review of You.
- The Reynolds Pamphlet: A book with a twist that you didn’t see coming
Illuminae for sure! I was at the edge of my seat for the last 400 pages and I didn’t know what was going to happen! So excited for the sequel coming out this year!
- Non-Stop: A series you marathoned
The Lunar Chronicles! To finish the series, I decided to reread all the previous books before reading Winter. I’m glad I did because I feel like I enjoyed the series so much more that way!
- Satisfied: Favorite Book with Multiple POVs
To be honest, I was going to feature The Lunar Chronicles again, but I decided to include The Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater! I love all the different POVs! I particularly loved The Dream Thieves because it included Ronan’s POV and it was so so great! <3
- Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Your Story: A book/series you feel like will be remembered throughout history.
Well, Harry Potter of course! I think it’s already being remembered through history! There are college courses dedicated to the study of these books, Quidditch games are being played worldwide, Butterbeer is EVERYWHERE… Harry Potter will live on, and I’m so eager to see how it keeps revolutionizing the world. <3
Well, that’s it for the Hamilton Book Tag! The songs here are out of order, so if you’re actually interested in the show after this post, you should definitely hear them in order. You won’t regret it!
I don’t know who to tag! If you want to do this tag, please feel free to do so and let me know so I can see your choices! <3
Disclaimer: All pictures taken from my Instagram. The GIF was taken from Tumblr! Video links are not mine.
Latest posts by Marianne @ Boricuan Bookworms (see all)
- The First Rule of Punk by Celia C. Pérez [Review] – What Does It Mean to Be Yourself? + Meet Malú! - August 23, 2017
- Permanent Ink by Avon Gale and Piper Vaughn [Release Day] Review + Blitz! - August 7, 2017
- The Queen of Dauphine Street by Thea de Salle [Review]: What Are You Waiting for to Pick Up this Series? - August 4, 2017
- It’s August! Check Out the Reading Challenges We’re Joining! - August 2, 2017
- Blog Tour: Lucky in Love by Kasie West: What’s Luck Have to Do With It? + Giveaway! - July 21, 2017