I love Fairytales. I especially love fairytale retellings! Here are a few retellings that I’ve either read, or really would love to read:
This book was amazing! This book talks about how Rapunzel grew up to be Snow White’s Evil Stepmother… You will not see those plot twists coming!
The Beast is a red eyed demon, and the Beauty has to kill him. She’s in love with him, but her duty is more important than her heart. Sound interesting yet?
This book takes all those stories you loved as a little kid: Red Riding Hood, Rumplestiltskin, Snow White. And twists them… into things that may just scar you for life. But, it’s one of my all-time favorite books.
If you can only ever read one Alice in Wonderland retelling, be sure it’s this one. Think the White Rabbit is cute and fluffy? Think again! Here, Wonderland is a dark and twisted place, and if you go in, there’s no coming back.
Why must Dorothy die?! I haven’t read this one, but I’m really looking forward to it! And you know, I’d like to see Dorothy die… Seems fun.
And, because although this is a movie and not technically a book, I would like to mention Maleficient.
Doesn’t that trailer give you the chills? Especially that song! OhmyGod! I loved everything about this trailer and I’m so excited that we’re going to see a “darker” side to Disney!
So, that’s all for today. Comment below if you’ve read (or want to read!) any of the books listed here. Have a great day!
Latest posts by Marianne @ Boricuan Bookworms (see all)
- Acting on Impulse by Mia Sosa: Fun & Flirty Romantic Comedy - October 14, 2017
- There’s Someone Inside Your House by Stephanie Perkins: Promised a Spark but Delivered a Fizzle - September 15, 2017
- The First Rule of Punk by Celia C. Pérez [Review] – What Does It Mean to Be Yourself? + Meet Malú! - August 23, 2017
- Permanent Ink by Avon Gale and Piper Vaughn [Release Day] Review + Blitz! - August 7, 2017
- The Queen of Dauphine Street by Thea de Salle [Review]: What Are You Waiting for to Pick Up this Series? - August 4, 2017