Hello lovely followers,
I can’t believe it, it’s the end of the week already! This week has gone by so slow! I’ve been in bed all week with dengue fever (really sucks) and basically just trying to raise my blood cell level so I can finally go back to uni (can’t believe I said that!). I’ve been obsessively checking my blog comments, listening to Taylor Swift’s 1989, and binge watching series on Netflix; I NEED TO GET OUT OF MY HOUSE ALREADY.
Anyways, things have been looking up considerably since my last weekly wrap up; my grades are finally where I want them to be, and even if I haven’t gotten my scholarship yet, I’ve been informed that it’s going to be approved soon. I have a new puppy, and she’s just a little bundle of energy. Her name’s Annie (my mom named her) and she’s 3 and a half months old.
All in all, I feel in a much better mental state after my short hiatus. Thank you to all of you for your support!
What Happened this Week:
- [29 Oct] Fashion By The Book (14): The Falconer and The Giver
- [30 Oct] Between the Lives by Jessica Shirvington ★★★★
- [31 Oct] Ten Characters Who I Would Totally Want to be for Halloween!
- [1 Nov] Weeky Wrap Up #2 & Stacking the Shelves #18. I’m Still on a Book Ban!
Around the Web:
On Cristina’s Book Reviews, I wrote a discussion about skimming books, check it out. Tricia asks have you left something in a book for another reader?
Cait @ Notebook Sisters writes an awesome review for Since You’ve Been Gone by Morgan Matson.
Jeann @ Happy Indulgence says she doesn’t judge you if you didn’t like a book.
The new Mockingjay trailer is out, and I HAVE CHILLS. Seriously it’s amazing!
Stacking the Shelves
Stacking The Shelves is a meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews and it’s all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books,gifts and of course ebooks! It gives us bloggers a chance to share what we books we’ve acquired over the last week(s).
I haven’t gotten much books lately because I’m still on a book buying ban (not by choice, but because of lack of money). However I’m glad I have a library card because I can fuel my book addiction! 😀
That’s basically all I’ve gotten in the past few weeks. The Fool (Virtual Arcana #0) by Karen Amanda Hooper. I’ve actually already read this (and beta read this) and it’s a super imaginative book! It has a video game angle, so if you are a fan of video games and virtual realities, then definitely check it out. I’ll be reviewing this book in the next few weeks.
The Body Electric by Beth Revis: I flailed when I realized that I was approved for this book. I really enjoyed Across the Universe so I can’t wait to see what Beth does with this book.
The Boy in the Cemetery: it just sounds creepy and eerie and I reallyyyy want to read it.
What did you add to your shelves this week? Let me know in the comments below!
Latest posts by Marianne @ Boricuan Bookworms (see all)
- Acting on Impulse by Mia Sosa: Fun & Flirty Romantic Comedy - October 14, 2017
- There’s Someone Inside Your House by Stephanie Perkins: Promised a Spark but Delivered a Fizzle - September 15, 2017
- The First Rule of Punk by Celia C. Pérez [Review] – What Does It Mean to Be Yourself? + Meet Malú! - August 23, 2017
- Permanent Ink by Avon Gale and Piper Vaughn [Release Day] Review + Blitz! - August 7, 2017
- The Queen of Dauphine Street by Thea de Salle [Review]: What Are You Waiting for to Pick Up this Series? - August 4, 2017