Banned Books Week is a week where the reading community comes together to celebrate the freedom to read!
To celebrate, some days of this week are going to be dedicated to banned books! Whether it’s a book recommendation, a review, or a teaser, here at Boricuan Bookworms we’re going to celebrate the fact that we can choose the books that WE want to read!
Here are some popular books (in no particular order)that you may not have even known were banned or had quite a bit of controversy:
- The Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins
- Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling
- Looking for Alaska by John Green
- Crank by Ellen Hopkins
- Twilight series by Stephanie Meyer
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
- Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher.
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
- Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Paterson
- The Giver by Lois Lowry
- … and many more!
How are you going to celebrate Banned Books week? Leave a comment below!