Let’s Fangirl Together With A New Retelling

Here at Boricuan Bookworms we know that most of our followers and blog friends love retellings, let it be from TV Series like Beauty And The Beast to Once Upon A Time, books like Cinder and Cruel Beauty, and YouTube blogs like The Lizzie Bennet Diaries.

I can’t contain my fangirl side, so I had to share this with you guys.

I bet you all know who Peter Pan is, and if you don’t you should be ashamed of yourself. But just in case… he’s the kid who never grows up, who flies among the skies of Neverland and fights the pirates of the Jolly Roger and Captain Hook with his Lost Boys. I don’t completely love love Peter Pan, but I really liked the whole concept of the book and the different movie versions.

Recently I read an article where they mention these new types of series vlogs on YouTube where one of mine, and Marianne’s, favorite vlog, The Lizzie Bennet Diaries, was mentioned. And there was also a new one, called The New Adventures of Peter and Wendy.

Thanks to this person, now Marianne is obsessed with it, as well as me too.

The New Adventures of Peter and Wendy is a new modern adaptation of the timeless novel by J.M. Barrie. “…it will be told in a twice-weekly web series consisting of a 24 episode season one with some interactive transmedia elements that will be fun for anyone who likes romantic comedies… or Peter Pan and Tinkerbell.” (Excerpt from http://thenewpeterandwendy.com/about/)

I love how on this new adaptation the characters take a life of their own based on the original characters, how dynamic they are, funny, swooooonyyy omg… It’s torture to go a whole weekend without a new episode.

The cast is great. They are naturals, very talented, they make you either root for them or hate them even more *cough* Tiger Lily *cough*.  I recently took some workshops on filming and I love the sets for the videos, how they put the little details that tell you so much more of the character than what they tell you about.

But if you’re bored of all those action movies and have rewatched the same vlogs over and over again without something new to watch, this is for you. It’s completely hilarious, thought-provoking, imaginative, original, romantic, and perfect for summer. Plus they’re short. And did I mention romantic and funny? I thought I could make more emphasis because WE DIE EACH DAY AT THE INTERRACTION OF PETER AND WENDY….

Here’s the trailer to delight your eyes and begin a new addiction…

Do you have any YouTube, or on another place, vlogs you like a lot?Have you seen the New Peter and Wendy? Do you like the idea of these new adaptations taking place nowadays?

Let me know in the comments below!

15 thoughts on “Let’s Fangirl Together With A New Retelling

1. Cait @ Notebook Sisters says:

I have to admit, Peter Pan is my FAVOURITE fairy tale of ever! And also: the Lizzie Bennet Diaries were awesome. They were just. the. best. x) That preview was so hilarious. Omg, “smoking…hams! They’re delicious”. The family dynamics sound the best in there. I want to watch these!!

2. Sarah says:

Oh my gosh this looks so good! I looove anything Peter Pan-related so I’ll have to check this out

PS if you ever want to see more into Tiger Lily’s head (and feel more sympathy for her), read Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson. It’s fantastic!

3. Amir says:

Thanks for the recommendation! I saw the trailer and I love it already, I’m definitely watching this today. I’m also a big fan of Lizzie Bennet Diaries so I definitely trust you guys when it comes to series that I’ll love 🙂

And I love retellings, there’s just something about modernizing a classic tale. It’s like creating something fresh and new out of a beloved tale. Thanks for sharing Jennifer!

4. Jeann @ Happy Indulgence says:

Oh wow, I had no idea the LBD creators had something new other than Emma Approved! This looks so so much fun, I almost died when I saw the portal gun lol! It looks really quirky, hilarious and cute, I’ll have to check it out! Thanks for sharing 🙂

5. Mel@thedailyprophecy says:

Peter Pan might not be my favorite fairy tale (except when you take Tiger Lily one of my all time favorite retellings), but I can’t wait to follow this show. I’ve seen the first two episodes and I like it. Everything with fairytales in it is good to me, I’m such an addict! 🙂

• Jennifer Madero says:

Peter Pan is awesome, but not one of my all-time favorites. Though I’m really addicted to this vlog. Because of some stuff I had to do, I spent three weeks without watching a single episode. I was a sea of tears once I got to watch them all in one night xD I hope you like the rest! 🙂

6. Safah @ Midnight Pageturners says:

This sounds amazing! I’ve never actually watched vlog retellings but I ADORE Peter Pan so I’ll definitely be checking this out sometime, it looks so cool! Have you read the retelling of it Tiger Lily? Probably one of my most NEED TO READ books on my TBR 🙂

• Jennifer Madero says:

I’m not much of a fan of Tiger Lily, and I haven’t read much of the book, but I might try and read it if given the opportunity. Thanks for the suggestion, and I hope you like the vlogs if you see them! 😀